- If the eazyBI plugin does not start up then check Jira memory settings to see if there is enough JVM memory available.
- Check also installation troubleshooting section to see locations of log files which might contain error messages.
Jira issues import
If the import fails with errors then please send us all eazyBI log files or eazybi-queues.log file.
- If the import is very slow then check recommended database memory settings (for MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- If not all Jira issues are visible in eazyBI then see how to re-import all issues. You also need to re-import all issues if any dimension members (for example, statuses, priorities or custom field select list values) are renamed and you would like to see new names in eazyBI.
- If you are importing issues into Jira from an external system then please ensure that issue update date is set to current date timestamp. If issues will be imported with old update date (before last eazyBI Jira import timestamp) theneazyBIincremental import will consider these issues as already imported.
eazyBI log files
eazyBI stores its log files in the Jira home directory
log subdirectory (if you do not know where is your Jira home directory then go to Jira Administration / System / Troubleshooting and Support / System Info page and see Location of Jira Home):
eazybi-web.logcontains the log of web requests
eazybi-queues.logcontains the log of background queue jobs
- If the child process is enabled then there will be also child process log files
You can download a ZIP archive with all eazyBI logs from the Troubleshooting page:
If you have enabled Mondrian logging - Mondrian log files won't be included into the ZIP archive because of possible very big size. You can access Mondrian log files only directly in file system.
The log file download from the Troubleshooting page is available since the eazyBI version 4.0.0. If you are using any previous version then please find log files in the Jira home directory as described in the previous section.
- If queries in Analyze tab are failing with an error message then find the error in System Events and send Payload column content to eazyBI support.
If there are problems with measures containing Unicode characters then check that UTF-8 encoding is used for Jira.
HAR is the short form for HTTP ARchive format, which tracks all the logging of web browser's interaction with a site.
HAR files can be a requirement for troubleshooting issues specifically for problems listed below:
- Performance Issue: slow page load, a timeout when performing a certain task
- Page rendering: incorrect page format, missing information
First-line troubleshooting can be conducted by following this guide. Providing this information to the support team will help expedite the troubleshooting process.
1. Open problematic page
2. Open Developer Tools using Keyboard Shortcut (⌘⌥ + i on OS X, Ctrl + Shift + i on Linux, F12 on Windows)
3. Navigate to the Network tab on the Development Tools
4. Reload problematic page so that all network traffic is recorded
5. Right Click on the Development Tools and Select Save as HAR with content
Send us generated HAR file.
Please read about HAR files for other browsers here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/generating-har-files-and-analyzing-web-requests-720420612.html