Story Points balance by sprints
eazyBI for Jira
On this page:
Track the story points balance by sprints in the selected project – story points committed, added, changed vs story points completed, removed, not completed. The measures are grouped on two bar charts to identify measures for incoming story points versus outgoing story points in the sprint.
How to build it
To build this report, start with the table view and select the Sprint dimension in Rows, select the "Sprint" level from the "By status" hierarchy to see the report information at the sprint level.
In the Measures dimension, select measures:
- Sprint Story Points committed - measure displays the total of Story Points from issues assigned to a selected sprint at the time when the sprint was started. Story points are counted from issues, no matter if there were completed or not at the start of the sprint.
- Sprint Story Points added and Sprint Story Points removed - the total of Story Points for issues that have been moved to (added) or from (removed) a selected sprint while the sprint was active. Those measures indicate that the scope of the sprint was changed after the start of the sprint.
- Sprint Story Points change - the change in Story Points for issues after they were added to Sprint while sprint was active.
- Sprint Story Points completed - the total of Story Points from sprint issues that were completed when the sprint was closed. Issue story points are treated as completed if the issue was in one of the status category "Done" statuses at sprint completion moment. The board configuration (a column mapping to statuses) is not taken into account for this measure.
- Sprint Story Points not completed - the total of Story Points from issues that were in the sprint, when the sprint was closed, and which were not completed.
- Sprint Story Points commitment changes - the difference between the total of Story Points at the end of a sprint and Story Points at the start of the Sprint.
Unselect the default measure "Issues created".
In Pages select dimension "Project" for filtering. When the sample report is created in eazyBI, eazyBI automatically selects the first project with report measures for filtering. Additionally, add "Issue type" in Pages and select "All Issue Types by type" from "By type" hierarchy to filter issues by Standard issue types. Also, add a "Sprint" dimension in "Pages" and filter all Closed sprints. Select the option "Hide empty rows" to hide rows without data.
Then switch to the Bar tab and select in toolbox options Vertical and Stacked. Change colors for measures. For measure "Sprint Story Points commitment changes" change the chart type to dash line. Use a separate axis (for example, 1) to show another stacked bar of outgoing stories for measures "Sprint Story Points completed", "Sprint Story Points removed" and "Sprint Story Points not completed". Add a description to the report.