Sprint burn-down or burn-up chart
eazyBI for Jira
This example will show how to build story points burn-down or burn-up charts using Jira Agile Sprint and Story Points custom fields.
This is Sample Jira Software report we include in any eazyBI account with Sprints and Story Points selected and sample reports import option
To build this report in previous eazyBI versions do the following steps:
- put Time dimension on rows and from All hierarchy level members select Day level from main hierarchy
- put Measures on columns and select Story Points resolved as well as from Calculated members / Sprint Measures select Time within Sprint (it should be added when importing Sprint custom field as dimension)
- put Sprint dimension on pages and select particular sprint you are interested in
Now Time within Sprint should show 1 for those dates which are within selected sprint start and end dates.
- click on Time within Sprint column header and select Filter rows and add condition > 0 (after that you should see just days within sprint)
- now you can click on Time within Sprint column header and select Remove – column will be removed but condition will remain
Now you can add other measures for story point burn-down and burn-up. Select Cumulative Story Points resolved and Story Points remaining from Measures dimension Calculated members / Sprint Measures.
Please select an import option "Import issues change history" and run an import if you do not have measure Story points remaining in Measures.
In addition, you can add a standard calculation Linear trend for Story Points remaining. Click on the measure Story Points remaining in the legend and select option Add calculated>Linear trend. eazyBI will add a new measure to the report Linear trend Story Points remaining.
Then define Sprint Story Points guideline representing the ideal guideline on how to burn committed points between the sprint start date till planned end date:
When all Measures have been selected, you can change to display the burn-down / burn-up as chart. Switch to bar, line or timeline chart and change chart style as needed by clicking on legend boxes.